Friday, May 22, 2009

Why can't we just love?

Sometimes, it seems that the more years I add to my new life in Christ the more easy it becomes to get caught up in Christianity than to be caught up in Jesus.

Breaking down what people say by whether or not they are biblically sound instead of just LISTENING to them and loving them is a habit that comes to mind. Or analyzing someone else's sin instead of seeing them the way God does is another bad tendency.

The saddest part about my quest to be more "Christian" is that I get trapped between trying to get it right and feeling guilty because I don't. And ultimately, it seperates me from others and sabotages exactly what God's desire is for my life...to be in relationship. The worst is when I sacrafice my relationship with God to chase Christianity and religion.

No comments: