Monday, December 15, 2008

Trust and Love

FINALLY! I've had some trouble being able to put text to my blogs. I could type a title, add labels but write nothing!

Things around here have been going well. We had our tacky sweater party, thanks to Ash's brilliant idea! It was so much fun. I only wish I'd taken more pics of everyone there! We are really enjoying our new friends and neighbors here in Winchester and of course loving that Ash and Luke are here with us.

I've recently started teaching Zumba again and am LOVING it! The classes have been wonderful with great participants. Their attititudes are amazing and I look forward to every time I'm with them. I'm also personal training at Valley Health and Wellness. I love it but I'm seeing that God is really using this job, as he has others in the past, to refine my appreciation and respect for authority.

Sometimes, I really struggle with authority. Even if my words and actions are with the intent of respect, my heart is not in the right place. I question the leaders God places in my life far too often and get anxious thinking about what things would be like if I had my way. I've seen what happens when I get my way and you'd think that would be enough to teach me patience and trust in God's plan. The results are always much better according to God's timing. There's so much the Holy Spirit is trying to grow me in but as long as I keep searching for another way, I'm going to miss it.

So the Good News is that today is new. Today I'm new in Christ. That's the Good News, that he died for my sins and he is the ultimate authority and I need to learn to come up under his authority so that everything else in my life will fall into its respective place. Then I'll be in a place of trust and overall, love. I feel better already. Trusting Jesus really does provide a peace that passes all understanding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, how come it seems like whatever you struggle with, I do too?? I have never been too keen on any type of authority figure in my life!! I love it that you can be so honest and open about your struggles and I am happy to lift you up in prayer to our Lord!