Monday, July 11, 2011

Boot Camp!

Tonight it felt so good to be back into boot camp with the ladies! Most of the regulars were there: Vicki, Brandy, Ashley, and Lindsey! We were definitely missing Deb as she recovers from surgery but we certainly enjoyed Mary's company! Tonight's workout used no additional weights and still was super intense for our first night back. I benefit so much mentally and emotionally from these workouts and the time I have with these ladies. Tonight when I came home to eat the hubs wanted "brinner" and I made it for him. But I didn't want to negate all of the hard work we put in. So I'm proud to say that instead of french toast with my eggs and turkey bacon (2 egg whites/1 egg) I had lettuce and a tsp of balsamic vinegar...and EVEN TURNED DOWN THE DESSERT! I shall savor this good decision and remember how good it feels to honestly say I made a good choice about food. This is what I desire to do, make healthy choices.

Not only do we work hard but we laugh, a lot! Hopefully as Deb heals we'll be able to start some more aquatic workouts that can be just as intense and beneficial as workouts on land. I am looking forward to enjoying the next series of workouts with them and doing some serious growth together and individually!

1 comment:

AJ said...

Also, Mom is joining boot camp this go round!! I am super excited for her to start up again when she is ready! YAAAAAAAAY for families being healthy, together!