Saturday, January 3, 2009

GOOD MORNING!

FINALLY! I got up before Trent woke up and stayed up after feeding him! I didn't even get to bed when I wanted to last night! I guess I'm so excited because even though I'm 28 years old I still struggle with getting up as early as I'd like to in the mornings.

Today I get to do a few of my favorite things. I get to personally train a lady who desires to make major changes in her life and I get to teach ZUMBA! I miss teaching Zumba more through the week but I definitely see how I'm less burnt out teaching only once on Saturdays. If I begin to teach more often I'll have to think back to this time where I was dying to teach more and be grateful.

I think life is like that. If I had to get up early every day I'd be over it. But the fact that it was a decision I made and stuck with it makes me so happy. That's the joy in obedience I'm experiencing I suppose. So to avoid burnout in life, I should probably continue to be obedient in the little things God presents to me so that I can constantly experience a unique, refreshing joy that makes each day brand new!

“For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,” Titus 2:11-12

At church last Sunday Pastor Mark talked about the "present evil age" in Galations. I imagine that "evil" could be used to describe "present age" in this scripture as well. It is not easy to live a Godly life today. But as I'm learning things that are not easy, are most worth it. And the harder I work in the little things to achieve what is not easy, the more joy I experience. So if I live in God's grace, and learn little by little, to say "No" to ungodliness, the more joy I'll have in my heart and the more effective I'll be for bringing God glory.

AMEN and AMEN!

No comments: