Tuesday, January 13, 2009

repentence

The more I grow the more I learn repentence is necessary and beautiful. Sometimes it's emotionally taxing and sometimes it's just the right response to my sin. No matter how I experience repentence the outcome is always the same: a clean slate with God and a new beginning in Christ.

After my last blog I confessed my sins to Brett and asked him to hold my hand and pray with me. I wasn't asking Brett to repent for me, I just needed accountibility in my repentence. I knew that there was a lot of emotional build up that was waiting to come out and I needed support as I sought out God's grace.

Now I realize that if I'm faithful to clean my slate with God often it's a lot less emotionally taxing and a lot easier to refocus on the life God has for me to live.

Stacy Santon once said it's like cereal in a bowl. If you don't rinse your bowl out right away the cereal can get really hard and becomes more and more difficult to clean. So if I immediately repent, my heart doesn't get quite as hard and I can enjoy more of your time with God, instead of running from what the Holy Spirit is calling me to do.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I just wanted to tell you I love you and am proud of you. You're a lot like the rest of us :) Just thought you should know you aren't alone in that :) Love you and wish you lived closer, but know God has big things for you right where you're at.