Monday, January 5, 2009

Not sure yet.

Man, I'm not gonna lie! I am tired! At least my eyes are tired. Every time I use my eye makeup remover it makes my eyelids feel heavy and it's funny that I didn't notice this a minute ago when I was checking my facebook profile and now that I'm attempting to read scripture I just can't keep them open!

I'm not sure why I've stopped at the passage below. Perhaps because I'm a little sleepy and need something strong to jog my mind and stir my heart. I'm not reading it from the perspective of a feminist, and I certainly am not using a patriarchal lense of understanding. But now that I've said that, God is my father. So what would be wrong with a patrairchal view? If it's a Godly view then it's right. I guess what I'm getting at is that I'm going to have to read some more about this scripture. In the meantime, I know that I'm not suppose to get in the way of the truth as a woman and as a follower of Christ. I'll gather more later and let it marinate for now.

1 Timothy 2:9-15

9I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.
11A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue love and holiness with propriety.

No comments: