Monday, November 10, 2008

Renewing my Mind

1Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
Colossians 3:1-2

Today I'm giving my mind to God to be renewed so that I will BELIEVE that I am empowered to be all God designed me to be and calls me to be. I will NOT to listen to Satan's lies that sound like this:

You're lazy.
You're never gonna be able to be a good wife, mom, daughter, counselor, trainer, friend, etc.
It's too much for you to handle.
You can't handle one kid why are you even thinking of more?!
Who do you think you are?
Did you think you were really going to be able to make a difference?
You look fat.
You'll never wear those jeans again!
And the list goes on and on and on...no matter what I'm doing, Satan's got a lie for me. It is so true that my battle is not of flesh it's SPIRITUAL and it's in my mind. This is why it's so important every day for me to check my mind with God. Stop the lies, stop the madness and press on.

Being empowered THROUGH God I will beat Satan. On my own, I will fail. I have to swallow my pride and admit: Satan is stronger than I am. God is stronger than Satan. By getting over my prideful heart I can accept that I can't beat Satan on my own, and I need God. I need God. I need God! I need God to be free.

12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12

I will be sure to focus on these things and with God's help I will rid myself of sin, sinful thoughts and sinful actions.

I feel so much better to tackle my day as free as possible to be the best I can be.

I know I sound like SNL's Stewart Smalley, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gonnit, people like me." Only this isn't cheesy "self-help" this is GOD-help...GOD's WORK!

No comments: