Thursday, November 13, 2008

YAY for Small Group!

Tonight is small group night at Luke and Ashleys, YAY! So I'm gonna brush up on Colossians 2 so I'm ready to talk (ha as if that would take preparation)!

"2My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. "

  • Encouraged in heart: when my heart is truly encouraged I'm inspired to aspire to be the BEST I can be for God.
  • Have the full riches of complete understanding: when I go on my own understanding I always feel like somethings missing or I'm missing some major point. Being refreshed through God's perspective, which is usually opposite of mine, I feel full, rich, and headed in the right direction.
  • Know the mystery of God, namely, Christ: God's ways are a mystery and to understand it we MUST love and know Jesus
  • Treasures of wisdom and knowledge: do I really value wisdom and knowledge or do I place more value on the byproducts of the two? Most of the time I strive for the consequences of wisdom and knowledge and miss the ENTIRE POINT of striving to know Christ to gain that wisdom and knowledge.
I think I'm just going to reread the rest! I can't wait to talk through this chapter at small group.

1 comment:

young wife&mom said...

aj,
good to see you joined the blogging world!
hope all is well and congrats on the new baby!