Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thank the Lord he made babies of a hardy stock!

I could definitely be in the running for worst Mom ever! Just ask Trent.

As I was giving him a bath yesterday I went to rinse the soap out of his hair. I accidentally poured some over his face and he does what he always tries to do: lap it up with his tounge! Cute, right? Until he choked!!!! It wasn't like the "he's going to work this one out" choking it was the "arms shooting to the side, head bobbing forward, face turning red, mouth open, NOT BREATHING" choking. My heart stopped and then I quickly turned him over and patted him on the back, which against his wet skin felt like a welting smack! He screamed, I cried. I got the towel and just held him until we both calmed down. Shew...glad that's over!

Then as I am attempting to be supermom/wife/worker, I grab a protein bar for dinner and for some reason it's too tough. Oh well, no time, gotta eat. Trent seemed to want his binky so as I chomped down on the bar, I leaned over to put the binky in his mouth. Instead, the bar suddenly broke causing chips of protein and fake chocolate to go into his EYES!!!! AHHHHH! I had to hold him down and pry his little eyes open while he screamed and tried his hardest to keep them shut. I eventually got the protein chips out and thought for sure I had blinded my one and only son. The coast seemed to be clear UNTIL I went to get Trent out of his car seat and take him to his Dad at work and there, in the inside corners of his eyes were CHOCOLATE CRUSTIES!!!! Apparently the eyes do clean themselves out well.

So, again I am humbled by God and am rethinking how often I do too much at once. Now, the consequences of my mad multitasking don't only effect me, they definitely hit Trent. I think it's time to slow down!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness!!! Hilarious! I sm the same way - if anyone is going to mess up my kids it's going to be ME. I cannot even begin to list out all the wack things I've "done" (inadvertantly, of course) to them. You are the BEST mom for your boy! I am just waiting for the story about what can come through his digestive tract...

I used to forget (at least 3-4 times that I can think of) to buckle the baby IN the car seat before buckling the car seat into the car. I'd get home, carry the car seat in, just to discover that Norah/Emma had been unbuckled in there the whole time. I thought that was bad. THEN one time I had Emma fully buckled in her car seat but forgot to buckle the seat in the car. I was going to the old church and hit that big curve to the left on the drive and she sorta tumbled to the side in our minivan, hanging in mid air crying! Bad bad mommy.

Nathan & Sarah said...

its okay, Ava had hear first trip to the ER over a choking incident. She was fine but the nurse on-call at the doctors office said we should go in just in case... and all because the doctor wanted her to have liquid vitamins