Thursday, November 6, 2008

Today, I'm mostly desiring to get some order to our home and work on making this place our soft place to land! Before I tackle this I have learned it's way more beneficial for me to put some order in my life by gettin' in the Word so Colossians here I come!

Immediately Col. 2: 8 [ See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. ] makes me think of our current political climate! And I think as Christians we need to get to work! While I overall am initially saddened that our government now negates moral and biblical responsibility for a false sense of peace I am encouraged that the harvest is plenty. I mean, those who usually can be the most difficult to reach, might be riding on the fleeting wave of HOPE provided by a Presidential election and a little more willing to embrace something more eternal if presented to them. And even if they aren't, I see the STRONG call for me to be a calming light to the world. Never in my life, more than right now, do I need to get my heart right with God so that I can do HIS WORK! MC HAMMER SAID IT BEST: WE GOT TO PRAY JUST TO MAKE IT TODAY! I need to stay in a mode of prayer for our world, our President, my family, my heart! And I have to start now. And all that in just one verse!

Vs. 9 & 10 remind me who is boss of all bosses in the world. In order to be "orderly" like Paul talks about in vs. 5. we have to have the chain of command correct in our HEARTS. God was made tangible to us through Christ. Christ what made King of our hearts by saving us from our sin by "circumcising us" himself. And again, I'm reminded that it's nothing anyone, including myself, can do to make me righteous! ONLY JESUS. And I'm so GRATEFUL I am baptized. It took me a long time to get baptized in my adult life as a new believer and I remember the conviction that turned to condemnation for not dying with Christ through baptism and now Satan does not that to hang over my head! And better yet I am empowered through baptism!!! God wins over Satan every time!!

I love the reminder of our salvation through Christ in vs. 13-15! It's so easy to forget, read over real quick and think that it depends on me. Even as I read God's Word, I'll actually think that my day depends on my ability to comprehend it instead of appreciating my salvation. THANK YOU JESUS! Thank you that my salvation is NOT dependent on my illiteracy! :)

It would be real easy to find hope in vs. 15 for the wrong reasons. [And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.] I could read this and think "HAHA (in an evil tone)! Take that!" But I would immediately exchanging the peace I have through Christ in my circumstance for hope in vengence. Living with that as my motive to put God first certainly would return void!

SHEW!!! I think I have a lot to chew on here and mostly walk away remembering to be GRATEFUL for my salvation and that to have true order in my life is to allow God and the fullness of the DIETY to reign in my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAHOOOOO!!! Welcome to the blogging world!! It's a great way to capture memories to pass on to Trent when he's old enough to care about what you were like when he was just a little one :) I linked your blog to mine, and will definitely check it out on a regular basis! love ya :)